- select 'edit' checkbox, then click a treenode to start editing it. Node texts can be edited.
(After the element lost focus, set the checkmark again.).
The root node of the edit frame is not editable or deletable, it is needed to find the right place in the
- checkboxes english, greek, edit: determine what happens if you click a
node-text: toggle Greek and/or translation (only nodes
which cannot be expanded further) or if 'edit' checked: copy subtree to Edit.
If none are checked, the Greek and/or Butler columns will scroll to the target
if you click the node-text.
Avoid copying large trees to Edit, browsers do not deal with that very well.
- In Struct or Edit, click on "⊛" to scroll the explanation page (if visible) to that item.
In Edit, click on "░" to turn it into "⊛" if an anchor is found; "⊛" turns into "░"
if no anchor is found. Do not forget to commit.
- switch: switch between Structure View (whole tree, no Greek, yellow)
and Edit View (subtree, incl. Greek, editable, blue) or both
- expand: expand/collapse 'by level' the currently focused tree.
- Hide/Show Greek: in Edit view, show/hide visible Greek textlines
- Insert: create a new node, with selected nodes as its children
- Delete: delete selected node(s), their children take their place
- Split: split the parent of selected nodes into two: first with the
unselected children, second one with the first-selected and following
- Merge: append, to the first selected node, the children of the
following selected node(s)
- Push: push the subtree in Edit on the stack.
- Pop: pop subtree from the stack and make it editable. Buttons
Ins,Del,Split and Merge do an automatic 'undo' push before changing the tree.
(this is not a real undo. Other mutations are not pushed automatically)
- Stack: you can also choose a subtree from the combobox
- Commit: write the current Edit subtree back into the Structure tree
- Colours: hide/show color panel
- clicking on a color colors the selected nodes (colors of textlines
can be set but are not saved)
- in 5 modes:
- none: all siblings the same color
- left, up etc: siblings get the next left, up etc. color
- if 'ring' is selected, the selection creates an a-b-c-b-a color
pattern (use uneven nr. of nodes)
- if any nodes are selected when clicking on the nodetext, they will
take that color (as if the color was clicked). Only if 'edit' is checked.
- Load, Save: store/retrieve a (sub)tree to/from the user's device. It
depends on Switch: if in Struct View, load to Structure panel etc. If no
name is entered into the "save" box, one is generated.
- Bookmark: click on a linenumber (in Struct) to create a bookmark. Click on the
bm. to go there, tree will expand as necessary. Click on bm. twice to delete.
Bookmarks are remembered in browser storage. Click the button to delete all.